Thursday, December 13, 2007

Work has been very busy lately. Christmas. And I work in retail. That should explain it all.
Anyway, my feet have been getting abnormally sore. My left achilles tendon is inflammed and stiff. So I'm icing it and resting as much as I can.
Let's see, what else is new?
Christmas is coming and I still need to start my shopping. Yep, less than 2 weeks to go and I haven't even started yet. We are waiting for my man's paycheck on the 15th. It should be quite a bit bigger than usual, he has been working extra hours. I know what I would like to get people, but there won't be enough money to go around for that. I really, really hate not being able to just get people what I want to get them.
We have about $3000 left to go until all our credit cards are paid off and we can start to re-build our credit rating. But, until then, it makes it really hard to get any sort of credit. I think I am going to be calling our credit card companies soon to find out what we owe them, to the penny. Tax return time is coming, and it should be enough to pay off at least half of what we owe. That will be so nice. Can hardly wait to not have that debt hanging over my head.
I am feeling slightly ADD right now. Can't stay on one topic.
I want a laptop. I really, really want a laptop. There are some crazy deals out there this time of year, I just don't have the funds to take advantage of them. Mostly due to bad credit.
January is coming. 2007 is almost over. Thank goodness. This has not been my best year, but it was better than the 2 that went before. Oh well, I still believe that the best is yet to come. My goals for 2008? Get completely out of debt. Lose about 45 lbs (unless I get pregnant, which is also a major goal right now). Make an extra $500/month through my business. Go on a real vacation. Yep, that about sums it up. I need a plan I can stick too. I think we are going to buy a treadmill. I think I better go to the doctor and get my feet checked out before I start using it. (I think in circles, I'm back at the beginning with my feet now. Think you can keep up? hehehehe)
I did an IQ test the other day. Confirmed what I already knew. I'm a smarty-pants. I scored 131 on this one. I have scored as high as 148 before. I was a bit distracted this time with my man reading over my shoulder and trying to help me out. He just wanted to help, but I needed to concentrate, and getting help on an IQ test is cheating, so I lost time trying to politely tell him to go away.

Well, I think this is the end of today's glimpse into my world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I'm just browsing through the blogs tonight and found yours. :)

Coolness on the IQ test. I actually took one recently and scored a 133. I have a major weakness when it comes to numbers and math though so I guessed on the left brain stuff.

Re: Wanting a laptop

Have you tried calling the Dell number? The laptops are actually quite good and affordable. You can make payments also so as not to burn a hole in your wallet.

Okay, there's my two cents. Have a good one!


www.kaituhi.livejournal.com