Sunday, December 16, 2007

Right where I belong

This morning at church, standing between 2 friends who both happen to be gorgeous blond babes with big blue eyes, I felt something different. An unmistakeable feeling that "I belong here". I'm overweight right now, and in desperate need of a new hair style, but none of that matters. I felt supported and surrounded by friends who love me. This is where I belong, worshipping God, lifting my voice together with the family of God, not just feeling, but knowing the love of God surrounding me in and through my friends. It was like Jesus was giving me a bear hug. What an amazing feeling, to know that I am exactly where God wants me to be, that I have found my place in His kingdom, that I am right where I belong. I am so thankful for my church family. Their support and encouragement really means the world to me. And to 3 particular blond babes, I love all of you to bits!

1 comment:

Sensuous Wife said...

"I felt supported and surrounded by friends who love me.....knowing the love of God surrounding me in and through my friends.....What an amazing feeling, to know that I am exactly where God wants me to be, that I have found my place in His kingdom, that I am right where I belong."

Wow!
(quiet smile) (sigh)
That's what it's all about. That contented 'everything's okay and I'm okay' feeling. Reminds me of that phrase from scripture "accepted in the beloved".
We all need that feeling. Golly, I sure do. and when I feel it, it is awesome.

I'm so happy for you, Sara!
Thank you for sharing. It was a good reminder for me.
Love,
SW